I find myself struggling lately. Struggling with relationships, struggling to keep up at work and at home. I am supposed to be the strong one. The one who has it all together. The secret is out, I don't have it all together & am not always strong. Oh yes, I am great at putting on a strong face, that mask is easy. God gives me strength, that is the only source I can rely on but today I find myself tired yet again.
Yesterday was a very busy day, boat show this week and a few deals in the works. I have to keep it all straight. All this I used to be able to do but my days are shorter now, and even shorter yesterday since the car needed to go into the shop at the end of the day. So, I take Ethan to sit in a waiting room for an hour and a half. Needless to say, we were both in tears by the time the car was done. Jason came to offer support for the last 10-15 minutes. I love him but it seemed too little too late. All to go home to play hostess to Jason's dad while Jason and Justin worked on an electrical outlet for the heat tape to be put on the roof for the winter.
Now, I have an action packed day at work again just to pick Ethan up early for appointments & groceries. Again, Jason won't be available to help because he's working in Lansing. Two weekends in a row now he has & will be working at his mom's. Maybe I will spend time with him when we retire.
Is this a pity party?? Maybe. Is it justifiable?? Anything can be justified. How do I get out of this funk? How do I make things right with Jason? Something tells me I have the answers, I just can't seem to grasp them right now.
Now, time for a strong, put together face. Gotta get to work.
No comments:
Post a Comment